We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Gardermoen airport to Rygge airport in Oslo?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Milano
1 post
Save Topic
How to get from Gardermoen airport to Rygge airport in Oslo?

(already posted in "Norway" forum). Sorry for the repeat.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190455-i550-k3405…

Hi,

I have to make a one-way transfer from Gardermoen airport to Rygge airport (both of which are supposed to be "in" oslo) on 18th Feb.

What is the cheapest way to make the transfer. I have about 18 hours between my flights so time is not an essense.

(arrival Oslo on 18th Feb at 0930 hrs, depart Rygge on 19th Feb at 0700 hrs)

Please provide me information / links.

Also, are there any hints as to whether its better to spend the night in Gardermoen or Rygge. Some things to keep in mind:

-- will the airport be open at night for sleeping?

-- how is the sleeping areas?

-- working hours of public transport.

cheers

Ami

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,675 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Gardermoen airport to Rygge airport in Oslo?

Hi Ami,

Neither Gardermoen nor Rygge are within Oslo. However, Gardermoen is the main airport (OSL), is located some 60 kms north of Oslo and has excellent connections by trains and buses for the city.

http://www.osl.no/en/osl

Rygge is some 70 kms south of Oslo, and its name is Moss Lufthavn Rygge.

http://www.en.ryg.no/

It is an Air Force base which recently has been opened for public traffic. It is a a bus service connecting the two airports (timetable is in Norwegian):

…nor-way.no/nbeiis/…

You may also use the option to go to Oslo. There is a dedicated express bus service between Oslo bus terminal and Rygge airport, which corresponds with all Norwegian and Ryanair flights:

rygge-ekspressen.no/EnglishInformation/tabid…

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Oslo
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Gardermoen airport to Rygge airport in Oslo?

Rygge close in the evening after the last departure and reopens when the first flight arrives in the morning. Gardermoen is open all night.

You have to change trains or buses in Oslo so you could also take a look at the city while you're there...

Mentioned in this post
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Sandefjord, Norway
Level Contributor
734 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Gardermoen airport to Rygge airport in Oslo?

Gardermoen is open during nighttime - read reviews about sleeping in the airport here www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/oslo.htm

However I am not sure whether you can spend the night there (or in Oslo) and still arrive Rygge in time for your flight.

It is said that Rygge-ekspressen corresponds with all Ryanair and Norwegian flights. However I have heard that this is not for the domestic flights. Anyway, checking their table for FEb 19th, it looks like the first departure is 6:50 from Oslo, which will be too late for you. And as far as I can see, the first train in also not in Rygge early enough (www.nsb.no)

Servicedesk at Rygge airport should be able to give you detailed info + 47 69 23 00 00

Mentioned in this post
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
4. Re: How to get from Gardermoen airport to Rygge airport in Oslo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 16, 2010