We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight short trip outside Oslo

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overnight short trip outside Oslo

I will be staying in Oslo for a week this month.

During this time I (alone) wish to make a short overnight trip outside Oslo either by bus, train or boat.

I love the outdoor experience. Is it possible to catch and experience the fjords/glaciers/valleys up close? How about a short hike?

I really appreciate any suggestions or advice given.

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,430 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight short trip outside Oslo

Well, days are getting shorter.

Oslo is at the end of one of the largest fjords and you can do a trip (few hours) on Oslo's own fjord.

The more specatular fjords are in the west. You can do Norway in a Nutshell (perhaps stay overnight in Bergen). Or you can rent a car and drive to Sognefjord, where you also can visit glaciers up close. Roads there are frequently along fjord shores.

Note: Snow is already gathering on the glaciers so they may soon be less visible.

For lakes and mountains you don't have to travel that far.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight short trip outside Oslo

You should also be aware that some of the spectacular mountain passes are about to close for the season due to expected snow (like Strynefjell, Trollstigen etc.).

3. Re: Overnight short trip outside Oslo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 07, 2009