We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Inn/B&B in Oslo

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
49 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Inn/B&B in Oslo

We will be traveling to Oslo in September with a 1-year old and are looking for a nice hotel in a good area for walking to restaurants, sights, etc. We don���t require a kitchen but it would be a plus if we could do laundry. A bed and breakfast or inn would be wonderful as we like to meet people when we travel and will gladly sacrifice some comforts (i.e. room service) for a bit of local culture. We are pretty flexible on price. We will be staying 2-3 nights. Also, any tips for sights to see in or around Oslo (we also have a car) would be appreciated.

(We���re going to be in Copenhagen and Stockholm as well if anyone has tips for those cities or must-see sights or towns in Sweden or Denmark, I���ll post on those boards also���)

Level Contributor
203 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Inn/B&B in Oslo

Not sure about accomodations, but Don't miss Vigelands sculpture garden in Frogner Park. It's especially impressive on a beatiful day. Being a WWII buff, I've also enjoyed the Nazi resistance museum which is near the harbor.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,653 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Inn/B&B in Oslo

I recently stayed in the Rainbow Hotel Munch, and was more than pleased - it was immaculate, fairly central, quiet, and a bargain for only 555NOK per night (booked through Travelocity, as the hotel's rates are higher). There's a note on the hotel's website that there is free coffee and tea available all day, but in fact it's coffee, tea, juice and milk and maybe some fruit, as all of this is available in the breakfast room - a v nice touch.

Vigeland Park is a great place to visit, and if you have a car, you can go to Bigdoy and see the Kon Tiki museum, which was also v interesting.

Norway
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Inn/B&B in Oslo

Check out cochs pensjonat.

Its a hostel,but a very nice one. I think it has a kitchen to.

And its cheep :)

Take a look at: www.cochspensjonat.no

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Inn/B&B in Oslo

I'm copying another answer I made about this previously:

Since I come from Oslo I should try to answer this one.

Here are some cheap hotels/hostels in Oslo:

www.perminalen.com/english/default.html

(Very central location.)

www.anker-hotel.no/asp/generelt.asp?id=2

Not in the best part of town, but ok. (both hostel and hotel)

www.cochspensjonat.no/englishindex.html

(a perfect location next to the Royal Castle)

http://www.haraldsheim.oslo.no/?1108489150

(a bit outside the city center)

Ellingsens pensjonat

Holtegata 25, tel.phone: +47 22 60 03 59

(in the west end)

There you are; that's all of them really...

Good luck, hope I could be of help.