We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good time for a business trip?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Good time for a business trip?

Hi

Its summers now in Europe and most people go on vacation at this time. I need to make a business trip to Denmark/Finland/Norway. I will need to meet mostly people in Banks and other Financial services. I have been told that July will be a bad time to go there as I would not find most people in office. (I will be fixing appointments surely before going, but more appts in a trip the better it is).

So, how about August? Is it equally holiday-ish in August? If yes, how is September then? And how cold/warm/rainy is the weather in September?

Need your views please.

champ

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,793 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good time for a business trip?

Hi champ,

The main vacation season in Norway is between appr. June 23rd - August 20th, when the schools all are on leave. All citizens are granted a 5 week vacation a year, but most split this up with 3 weeks in the summer and the rest at other times of the year (most have a week around Christmas and another week for winter vacation in February).

You should do fine after August 20th.

For weather statistics and forecasts you can look up this site:

http://met.no/english/index.html

Obviously, it is impossible to predict what kind of weather you may expect at the time you are going. Late August and September can be warm and nice in Oslo, yet in some years it may rain and be chilly. For the last years it has been more up to the first than the second option.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: Good time for a business trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 03, 2009