We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oslo Gardemoen or Sandjerford (Torp)?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Oslo Gardemoen or Sandjerford (Torp)?

I will be visiting Oslo for the first time in 2 weeks and I want to know which airport I should use when flying in to Oslo. I live in Europe and I have been thinking of using one of the low cost fares airlines. I don't want to spend too much money on transportation (I hear Oslo is very expensive) and because low cost arilines always use remote airports - where you then have to travel to where you are going- I want to be sure how much things will cost so that if I wont be saving money, then I will be better off paying slightly more for airfares and use the main Oslo airport.

Tips, advice and more suggestions for what I should do will be gratefully received and appreciated. Help please!

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Oslo Gardemoen or Sandjerford (Torp)?

Hello to you Skwazzy. You have made an excellent choice and will not be disappointed. The Hotel is a mere 5 minute walk to the Radhus, and Aker Brygge - easily accessible to all parts of the city. You can walk all the way from Oslo Central Station and it won't even take you 10 minutes! And yes, I did buy an Oslo Pass for the 3 days I was in Oslo. It is good value for money, if you like museums. I think I saw more than 10 museums in the end. I believe you can also use it on the trams, the subway and the buses.You also use it to get discounts off most of the Sightseeing Tour Buses too and in some shops. Please note that most museums are closed on Mondays so if you are staying for a long weekend, it's prudent to plan your museums visits for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Oslo is a beautiful city and I know you will enjoy your time there.

Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oslo Gardemoen or Sandjerford (Torp)?

Thanks Phoenix94, I am certainly looking forward to it!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Oslo Gardemoen or Sandjerford (Torp)?

I second Phoenix94's comment - an Oslo Pass is great value for money. Don't miss Vigeland Park, it really is wonderful.