We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosenhof apartment

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Melbourne
Level Contributor
356 posts
72 reviews
Rosenhof apartment

hi, looking for accommodation in Oslo and although Grunnerlokka seems like it might suit me (love second hand shops). I have found a nice apartment in Rosenhof which seems like it is only one suburb away and close to T-bane.

I cannot find any information on what the Rosenhof suburb is like. Would really appreciate opinions from Oslo experts. Should I stay in Rosenhof, stick to Grunnerlokka or try somewhere completely different.

I a travelling alone, site-see during daytime but not interested in bars/clubs. Love a good coffee and cake but not really a foody, happy with cheapeats. Budget, safe and close to transport options and cheap eats are probably priorities.

4 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
17,809 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Rosenhof apartment

A residential area cut off by major roads with some limited shopping on Trondheimsvei - see StreetView.

Basically leaving you a commute to wherever you are going, so wasting a lot of your day if you are heading home after sightseeing to freshen up before dinner. Would not be my choice for a short sightseeing visit to Oslo.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
356 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: Rosenhof apartment

Thanks dyoll, exactly the straight talking I was hoping for.

Any recommendations on an alternative good area.

Oslo
Level Contributor
17,413 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Rosenhof apartment

If you want to be within walking of most things, then stay in the very centre or perhaps Grünerløkka. Trams are frequent and convenient to cut some long hikes

Melbourne
Level Contributor
356 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: Rosenhof apartment

Thanks to everyone, I have now booked in Grünerløkka.

Reply to: Rosenhof apartment
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted