We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on flight from Stavanger to Tromso via Oslo

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Question on flight from Stavanger to Tromso via Oslo

Hello everyone. I will be taking a direct flight (either Norwegian or SAS) from Stavanger to Tromso in February. There seems to be a transit in Oslo. Can anyone confirm if upon arrival in Oslo, I need to get my baggage, clear immigration and then check-in to the flight from Oslo to Tromso? Or can I stay within the transit area at Oslo airport and take the next flight to Tromso? Thank you..

2 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
17,930 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Question on flight from Stavanger to Tromso via Oslo

It’s not a direct flight if you have a transfer in Oslo. But if on same airline than baggage will be checked through, you will get a boarding pass for both flights at checkin and on domestic flights there is no immigration, passport control or customs.

Edited: 8:54 am, September 30, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Question on flight from Stavanger to Tromso via Oslo

Technically, a "direct flight" does not necessarily mean a "non-stop flight." If all legs of the flight share the same flight number, it is considered a "direct flight" between points A and B, no matter how many airports it bounces through along the way. If you have to transfer between planes or the onward flight has a different number, then no, it's not a direct flight.

As for flying from Stavanger to Tromsø in general, you would never pass through immigration or customs on such a route, since you wouldn't be leaving Norway (requiring customs clearance), let alone the Schengen area (immigration).

Reply to: Question on flight from Stavanger to Tromso via Oslo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted