We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Accom in Oslo for 2 ladies

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
B&B Accom in Oslo for 2 ladies

Would really value all/any recommendations for budget accomodation for 3 nights in Oslo for two ladies...also what we should see in the 3 days...thanks everyone...regards Elly in Oz...

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,187 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B Accom in Oslo for 2 ladies

You can look up alternatives for accomodation in this site:

http://www.visitoslo.com/en/?cat=49103

On the same site you can get information about all the major sights of Oslo, and choose what you like to see depending upon your interests.

The Oslo Pass is a good option for 3 days - offering transport as well as free or discounted entrance to the different attractions.

visitoslo.com/en/the-oslo-pass.49104.en.html

In my opinion you should settle for one day downtown (museums, daily life, the Akershus fortress & castle, Aker Brygge area at the seafront for lunch), one day at Bygdø (ferry from pier just in front of the town hall) - the Viking ships, the Kon Tiki museum, arctic ships Fram and Gjøa, museum of cultural history, and one day combining the Holmenkollen ski area on top of a hill surrounding Oslo with a visit in the Vigeland Sculptur park.

Try to explore the site and make some opinions about what you will like to see, and we may help you further with information.

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
406 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B Accom in Oslo for 2 ladies

I stayed at Coch's Pensionat around the corner from the Royal Palace when I was in Oslo celebrating my birthday in 2002 (see my posting on the Poland forum to your question "why Oslo") and highly recommend it. It is clean, comfortable, well-located and was the most reasonable place I could find. It is convenient to the tram (S-Bahn in German). I think I paid around $60 USD a night for a single. Go to Bygdoy Island for the museums (Viking Museum, maritime museum, Fram museum, Kon-Tiki museum, Norsk Folk Museum), the old castle and Resistance Museum. I had the best fish soup I have ever had at the DS Louise in Akersbrygge, excellent fish at Maud's,and meatballs almost as good as my mother's at a small restaurant catty-corner across the street from Coch's Pensionat. The Oslo Card is well worth the cost. I also took the little boat cruise on the Oslo Fjord.

I hope you enjoy your trip as much as I enjoyed mine. If you have any recommendations for Kostrzyn and Slubice in Poland (right on the German border), please let me know. Magne tak!

Linda

3. Re: B&B Accom in Oslo for 2 ladies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 18, 2009