We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Telephones

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
277 reviews
Save Topic
Public Telephones

I am renting a tourist apartment and have been asked to call the agent when I arrive in downtown Oslo from the airport. I will not have my cell phone with me.

Where are public telephones located and do you need any special card or anything to use them? Anything else that would be helpful in using the public telephone?

Some places I have traveled the public telephones required a prepaid card to access them.

Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
943 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Telephones

telenor.no/privat/…telekort_e.html

above is a link to Telenor's own info on pay phones. You will find them at main communication centres, like airport, bus and rail stations

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,861 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Telephones

Public telephones are very hard to find nowadays, as most people use their cell phones.

If you are downtown, I believe the best bet for finding one will be in Oslo S (the main railway station).

I have not seen one myself for years, but they used to be operated by using coins. Some could take credit cards, and phone cards were also in operation.

If they are available, you will find instructions in the phone boot.

3. Re: Public Telephones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 21, 2009