We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2015

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Level Contributor
375 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas 2015

Hi my partner and I are looking at going away for 7 nights from 20th December, we are ideally looking for something like a log cabin or cozy hotel, preferably with snow (but not a ski holiday) and the chance of seeing the northern lights, can anyone give me some tips? Much appreciated

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
32,699 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas 2015

The snow cannot really be guaranteed, but what about this one ?

http://www.lyngenlodge.com/

Devon
Level Contributor
232 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas 2015

I would say go for it if your main aim of the trip is to see the NL. Hardly any hours of daylight in December in Tromso, so make take away some excursion options and you won't be able to appreciate how beautiful Norway is. I am off there again in December, however I will be up all night, every night chasing the lights and then sleeping during the day. I have been twice in February and experienced snow both times with longer hours of daylight. It's an amazing place!

That looks lovely klimaflyktning, thought about booking it myself for December. A little too far away from Tromso though as I'm going on my own.

3. Re: Christmas 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 17, 2016