We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket near Tromso Airport and on Rv86 towards Hamn

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Kent
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket near Tromso Airport and on Rv86 towards Hamn

Hello

We are picking up a hire car from Tromso airport on route to Samuelsberg, where is the nearest supermarket and will it still be open at 8.00 pm on a Monday night?

Also will be driving back on the E6/Rv855/Rv86 to Hamn, is there a supermarket en route?

Many thanks

Kim

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket near Tromso Airport and on Rv86 towards Hamn

I have been finding out about this too and here are my answers - I'd be happy to be corrected by those with greater knowledge :)

There is a shopping centre right next to the airport. Among other shops there is a REMA 1000 which is open until 23:00 Mon-Sat unless the Monday in question is June 9 in which case it's Pinse (2. Pinsedag I think) and may be closed as far as I can tell.

To find supermarkets on a route I go to google maps for the area I want and put "supermarket" in the search box. Then you can see them all and look for one in a convenient place.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket near Tromso Airport and on Rv86 towards Hamn

When you leave the airport, you have to drive through Tromsø and therefore you will have a lot of choices. The first one you will see is Jekta and K1, just around the airport.

And if you drive via E8/E6 to Samuelberg you will pass Nordkjosbotn, Oteren, Hatteng and Skibotn, where you will have food stores too. There`s also a food store close to S. in Manndalen.

On the return along E6, you will again drive via Skibotn and Nordkjosbotn, and when you turn off E6 at Olsborg, you have food store there, plus in Finnsnes.

The gas station have also something, if you are to late.

Most of the food store are open to 11 pm.

Kent
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket near Tromso Airport and on Rv86 towards Hamn

Thanks both

4. Re: Supermarket near Tromso Airport and on Rv86 towards Hamn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 23, 2015