We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
59 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

Hello!

I looked at the hotel ratings but I am unsure of quality of the hotels around $100 per night.

Can anyone recommend any clean hotels in a good location (central to city centre) for somewhere around $100USD per night?

Also, how to book these hotels, other than TA or Booking.com?

Thanks!

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

Trip Advisor reviews are the best independent guide to standards, though you need to use your judgement as they often vary quite a lot. USD100 for a double room will only cover a hostel or rather basic hotel or guesthouse. Breakfast may be extra. Cleanliness should be normal in Norway, but there are some exceptions. With almost everything in Norway you get what you pay for.

You can always use Google to find the hotel's own web site and contact them direct if you don't want to go through a booking portal. Google Maps will show you locations and you can use Street View on it to see what the area is like.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

Try the Ami hotel. Clean, warm, good location, breakfast included and option to self cater. We booked directly with hotel through their website.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
59 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

Ami is all booked, as is Thon. Looking into Viking but it is apartments, not a hotel room. Reviews seem ok.

I keep reading that everything is expensive in Tromso. How much does a typical dinner in a restaurant cost? I understand that many of the museums, Cathedral, and other tourist attractions are free. Which charge a fee and how much? What other costs are common to make the trip expensive?

THANK YOU!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,524 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

Apartment is a good way to save money - eating out it expensive.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190475-i2314-k708…

http://www.egon.no/

https://www.peppes.no/pp08/app/?0

Clarion Collection With has breakfast and evening meal included in the price - coffee and waffles in the afternoon.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

Im staying in the 'clarion with' which has good reviews and inc food too. Im there next weekend so if you'd like me to give a specific low down feel free to pm me and I can reply with my personal view. I dont have OCD in cleaning but I do expect a clean room

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,319 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

Be aware a lot of Norwegian hotels avoid booking-sites like Booking.com or Hotels.com , they take too much of the earnings. That is why "fully booked" doesn't need to be true. Always search the hotels directly.

On the other hand, you dont get much for 100$ in Norway.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
59 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

Thanks everyone! I think we found a good room at Skansen with a pretty good rate $180usd/night) and includes breakfast and wifi. Hope that works out well. I appreciate your input!!

8. Re: Need a CLEAN hotel recommendation for ~$100USD/night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 28, 2015