We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow in February?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wiesbaden, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Snow in February?

Hello everyone! So, my husband and I will be traveling to Tromso and to Mestervik in February and we've been checking the weather but so far there is no snow. Is this normal? Do you think it is likely they will get snow in the near future? We were hoping to do some skiing or dogsledding but I suppose neither are really possible without snow. Any information would be great! Thank you in advance!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,238 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow in February?

It has not been snowing for quite some time now and the skies have been clear on many days - an ideal situation for observing the northern lights. But it is rather unusual as a whole that it does not snow or rain for 4 weeks on end. I expect the situation will change by February.

There is snow on the ground in certain areas, but not much.

www.yr.no/observasjonar/sn%C3%B8lista.html

If you choose a dog sledding provider in the Lyngen area, there will be snow.

Edited: 11:55 am, January 23, 2014
2. Re: Snow in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, January 25, 2015