We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naturinord Tromso

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Naturinord Tromso

Hi

I am hoping someone is able to offer some feedback on tours to the northern lights run by Ivar from Naturinord Tromso

Many thanks

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Naturinord Tromso

Great guy. Good fun. Very experienced, reliable and knowledgeable.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naturinord Tromso

Here are some feedback from last year and I have also come across several mentions of him in the forum, mostly favourable.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g190475-…

Note he does not travel a great distance but if you are lucky and with a knowledgeable guide then you don't need to travel miles after miles.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
4,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naturinord Tromso

Ivar in Natur i Nord was the first guy who begin to guide tourists under the Northern lights in Tromsø, in 2002.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naturinord Tromso

Hi

Thanks for your replies and information. We have been trying to contact Ivar for about 6 days now and have had no response so I have been concerned about the company. My daughter has emailed him and I have emailed, called the mobile number (although I did not understand the message in Norwegian:) ) and also smssed him, but no luck.

We need to speak with him urgently.

Thanks again

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,793 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naturinord Tromso

He may be on a well deserved vacation! Not sure why you have to speak with him urgently if your daughter is traveling to Tromsø in December. Give him a few more days or a week or so and see if he respond to the e-mails.

Edited: 10:01 pm, July 08, 2013
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
4,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naturinord Tromso

I am sorry to hear that several of the companies for the Northern lights not answered the booking requests.

Probably they are on vacation, since it`s July and summer time here now, and many of the guides in the winter are so succesful, so they have quit all the activity during the summer.

But, of course, that absolutely no excuse for not answering the bookings!

7. Re: Naturinord Tromso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 11, 2014