We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tromso bus ticket at the airport

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tromso bus ticket at the airport

The visittromso website says that tickets bought directly on the bus cost NOK 40 while ticket bought in advance cost NOK 30. Is there an office at the airport where we can buy our bus tickets from once we arrive at Tromso airport? We're a party of 5 so little costs at up! FYI, the website lists the following places where tickets can be bought in advance (not sure if the airport is in the list):

Troms fylkestrafikks kundesenter (Roald Amundsens plass 1, Open Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm)

WITO-kiosken (Storgata 68)

Narvesen Stortorget (Town Square Tromsø city centre)

Jekta Storsenter- Information counter

Narvesen K1

Narvesen UNN (University hospital of Tromsø)

MIX-kiosken- University of Tromsø

MIX-kiosken - AMFI Pyramiden

Thanks!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,836 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tromso bus ticket at the airport

The airport is not on the list - sorry. You could ask at the airport kiosk/café though.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,023 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tromso bus ticket at the airport

With 5 people wouldn't it be just as cheap to take a maxi-taxi.

Whaley Bridge...
Level Contributor
115 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tromso bus ticket at the airport

Just a thought - if there are five of you, it may work out cheaper per head to get a taxi from the stand outside the airport? They usually have a mixture of cars and mini-buses.

We went right to the bottom of the island, pretty much as far from the airport as you can get, and paid 190 NOK, so I'd imagine your fare would be much less. (190/5 = 38 NOK pp).

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tromso bus ticket at the airport

Thanks for all your replies. I've read that the taxis can accommodate 1-4 people, so I think we'd have to get 2 taxis for our group of 5 plus luggage.

The maxi-taxi costs 400 NOK for a 5-8 people car - which is 80 NOK per person. If we could buy bus tickets for 30 NOK per person, or better yet, buy the 24-hour bus ticket for 60 NOK, then we'd end up saving quite a bit of money.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,023 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tromso bus ticket at the airport

Alternative 1 normal taxi with all luggage and 1 person on the bus!

Moreton-in-marsh...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tromso bus ticket at the airport

I think you'll find there is a ticket machine at the airport -near the luggage carousels- where you can buy tickets in advance. I don't know if it takes cards or only real money. Try www.avinor.no/en/airport/tromso/services and email them to ask.

7. Re: Tromso bus ticket at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 25, 2014