We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

northern lights

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
London, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
northern lights

we are going on a cruise to search for the northen lights we would like to know how can you book up for excursions other than with the cruise company who seem to be very expensive

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,093 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: northern lights

You will need to check out the official web sites for your ports of call to look for activities within the timeframe you have in each port.

In cities and larger towns you may not need an excursion as much can be done on foot.

Norway is expensive in general, so there may not be much to save or many alternatives to the excursions offered by the cruise company.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: northern lights

You would be better off regularly visiting the Nasa site to get an idea of solar activity i would have thought, we had a good one in Scotland and northern UK a few weeks back, i am sure you heard about it.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,093 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: northern lights

Nasa site for shore excursions during a cruise ??? I think not ;)

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,430 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: northern lights

Going on cruise is of course one way to experience the lights and the northern winter, but I am not sure if it is the most effective way to "chase" the lights.

5. Re: northern lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 05, 2013