We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Escondido...
Level Contributor
130 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

My wife and I have booked a weeks adventure in Tromso in

early-mid march. We have seen many fantastic photographs taken at the ersfjorden. If we were to attempt to take photos at this wonderful place, what specific shoreline would be best for the best shots? Also, how would we navigate through the town of Ersfjordbotn to respect individual's property rights to get to that

location? Finally, how are the road conditions leading to the ersfjorden in March? Are there any other prime scenic locations on Hvaloya for taking aurora photos?

Bari, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

Who knows if there is a ferry from Tromso to reach Ersfjorden?

12. Re: Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, January 15, 2013
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
28,015 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

Sorry - there is no ferry - there is alocal bus.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
28,015 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

@mbaerwal

The shoreline is public even though it is connected to a private property. Mainly boathouses are directly on the shore. If it looks like somebodys garden it is best to be discreet and respectful. Ersfjordbotn is more a village than a town and with very few services.

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

My sister and I would be happy to join you on March 12 or 13 for a Northern Lights viewing at Ersfjorden and share the car hire expenses with you. The photos of the lights from this hamlet are truly spectacular! We will be staying at the Clarion Collection Hotel in Tromso.. Cheers, Amrita

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

I'm struggling to find places to park or even leave the road. And I'm not just talking about Ersfjorden. I need some good view points for photography but on the few occassions I find a place to park on the side of the road, the snow is too deep and I don't know whether I'd be stepping onto a frozen lake under the snow or not.

I can't just take photos on the side of the road, I want to get a little further away from that but as yet I haven't found anywhere. Can anyone share any tips?

Edited: 5:40 am, February 28, 2013
17. Re: Best location for scenery/ aurora photos at ersfjorden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 02, 2014