We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This is my home...

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
4,963 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
This is my home...

Welcome to Tromsø - Arctic Norway!

http://vimeo.com/13895548

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This is my home...

Beautiful - I wasn't expecting the northern lights at the end.

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This is my home...

we are visiting Tromso 30th October. can we see the northern lights at this time of year? and how cold is it likely to be? can we expect snow or is it just rain. can you suggest a good / but reasonable / seafood restaurant. looking forward to it immensely.

many thanks

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
4,963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This is my home...

Of course, Aurora is already dancing for us, and have done it since August 24th..;) Normally the NL season goes between September to April.

Sometimes we have full snowy winter in October, but you actually never know... In 2009 we had one week with snow in October, before all melted and didn`t came back before 2 days before Christmas. In 2007 we get the first snow in mid-September...

The temperature can be quite cold, especially if it start to be windy, but I guess the temp will be on 0-5 minus in end of October...

Now, in begin of October, it`s just beautiful here... Lovely sunshine and up to 10 plus, and under last nights Aurora chasing the temp was about 5 plus, and no wind...

About clothing: Wool layer close to the body, then a jumper a or fleece and wind/water proof jacket/trousers. Hat, scarf and gloves. Mitten-gloves is best!

For restaurants, please check destinasjontromso.no/english/going_out.html

For fish restaurants, please check this one;

- Arctandria in the Skarven house

- Fiskekompaniet

For the best one;

- Emmas Drømmekjøkken

- De 4 roser

Welcome to Tromsø, Arctic Norway and enjoy!

Edited: 3:42 pm, October 03, 2010
4. Re: This is my home...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 am, April 02, 2011