We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tromso in mid-February

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
united kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tromso in mid-February

We have booked to go to Tromso from 21st Feb 2011 to see the Northern Lights with Kjetil Skogli. We are staying in Tromso at the Radisson for 4 nights. Could someone please suggest any other tours or activities during the day? We are thinking of a cruise round the fjiords and huskies sledding. Is it possible to book when we get to Tromso? This is our second chance to see the NL - we were not lucky at Kiruna last year. Thanks

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tromso in mid-February

destinasjontromso.no/english/documents/10096…

This is a good link to get you started - like you I'm going next February. I will let the local experts and those who have already been give you specific advice but I would honestly say that if your main aim is to try and see the Northern Lights, consider doing another evening activity or two to maximise your chances. Options include aurora sightseeing or the theatre of food trip with Guide Gunnar, reindeer sledding with Friluftssenter, dogsledding with Lyngenfjord adventure to name but a few. Tromso has a good selection but February is very popular!

Also, have a read through the trip reports at the top of the page - there are a couple of really useful ones.

Happy planning!

Arctic Norway/London
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tromso in mid-February

If you are going in February I would reccomend booking activities in advance, as this is the busy season.

Here is a guide to winter and northern lights activities in TRomso: iglobetrotter.com/norway/northern-lights/nor…

The site also has many good tips handy for seeing the northern lights.

Good luck and have a great trip!!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tromso in mid-February

Thanks guys for your help. We have made our decision for 2 activities in Tromso.

4. Re: Tromso in mid-February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 01, 2011