We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast in Tromso?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast in Tromso?

Hello,

I'd like to visit Tromso in Feb/March, and I don't really want to spend a great deal of money on accomodation (I've heard Norway is expensive and *low cost* flight prices seem to be around 160 GBP).

I was hoping there might be some bed and breakfasts. I didn't see any in the accomodation list in Tromso as they're all hotels, so I was hoping someone would be able to tell me where I might find a list of good, safe, central and inexpensive bed and breakfasts in Tromso.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Tromso
Tromso
Troms, Norway
Norway
Norway
Europe
Bed and breakfasts in Tromso
Tromso Bed & Books
Tromso Bed & Books
#1 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Tromso
Bed & Waffles
Bed & Waffles
#2 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Tromso
Anemone Bed & Breakfast
Anemone Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Tromso
Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
401 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Tromso?

You won't find many places that call themselves "bed and breakfast" - there are some budget hotels though, such as AMI hotel, ABC Hotel Nord... I don't think these "hotels" are more expensive than what a B&B would have been.

www.bbnorway.com has a list of B&Bs in Norway, there seems to be one in Tromsø www.bbnorway.com/hosts/17.forsoket.html

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Tromso?

Thanks MetteS, I appreciate your help! I also found some places to stay near LyndenAlps (?), which I heard is a good location for spotting the Northern Lights, but it seems out in the middle of nowhere. Also, it seems like they're mostly houses rather than single rooms. Would you recommend something like this, or should i remain at Tromso?

Mentioned in this post
Tromso
Tromso
Troms, Norway
Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
401 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Tromso?

Lyngen *is* in the middle of nowhere, in my opinion.. ;o) Personally, I wouldn't want to stay in Lyngen - Tromsø is a small town, but at least there are quite a few cafes and restaurants and shops, some interesting museums etc etc in Tromsø - Lyngen has got, well, hmm....nice nature and landscapes, but that's pretty much it...;o) There is some info about Lyngen on the www.destinasjontromso.no website.

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Tromso?

Thanks very much for the advice! I think I'll stick to Tromso then - especially since I'll be on my own, it'll be nice to be around people! :)

I'll have a look at the more conveniently priced hotels you mentioned earlier.

Thanks again! :)

Mentioned in this post
Tromso
Tromso
Troms, Norway
5. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Tromso?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 14, 2009