First of all, please forgive my ignorance, but I know very little about Norway. I do know that I'd like to see the Northern lights, and would like to go for a weekend for the first weekend of March. So, my questions are:
1. I've heard Tromso may be the best place to go - is this true? Or is somewhere better?
2. Can you confirm that this is a good time to see the Northern Lights?
4. I'm a young woman travelling alone - will I have any problems of any kind? (Everything from finding a single room in a hotel, to personal safety)
5. Can you recommend any lodging? Something comfortable and safe, but not too extravagant. Also, will I have difficulty finding lodging? (I don't know if this is too late to start planning a trip of this kind)
6. Is there anything else I might need to know?
Many, many thanks in advance - I really do appreciate it! :)