We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Come to Tromso in November?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
London
2 posts
Come to Tromso in November?

Hello. I was planning a three day trip to Tromso end of November, thinking it would be an adventurous, interesting trip to experience life in darkness 24/7. However, I just read in this Forum that there usually isn't snow until Dec. I was going to travel with my 3 children (ages 14, 11,8). Would there be things to do? Thanks.

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
401 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Come to Tromso in November?

The polar night is an interesting experience - however, it isn't completely dark 24/7 in Tromsø. The sun doesn't rise above the horizon, but there are still some hours of soft bluish light in the middle of the day - and it gets quite light on clear days. It might snow in December - but it might well not. Impossible to predict, really. ;o) It snowed a couple of days ago - but the snow is gone again now...

February and March are generally the best months to come to Tromsø, snow-wise. There will most likely be snow in the mountains surrounding town though, also in December.

For info about things to do etc, see www.destinasjontromso.no

I have a Tromsø page on Virtual Tourist; travel tips & photos, feel free to take a look: members.virtualtourist.com/m/878cd/33699/

2. Re: Come to Tromso in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tromso