We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worth a stop over

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
london
Level Contributor
278 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
worth a stop over

hello, i am planning to drive from Fauske to Narvik and then get the train down to Kiruna. Is it worth stopping overnight in Narvik or is there anywhere between Fauske and Narvik that would be good to go to? Would appreciate any tips. Many thanks

Njalasouka Adventures
Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Lights at the Lodge
Night Tours, Photography Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: worth a stop over

When do you plan to have this journey, and what are your main interests when travelling ?

Narvik's web site is under reconstruction, but they have given an email address on their site for special requests, and have a brochure for downloading:

www.destinasjonnarvik.com/default_eng.asp

For the Nordland county you can look up this site:

www.visitnordland.no/index.php?set_lang=en

Hope this helps.

london
Level Contributor
278 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: worth a stop over

I am planning to go last week in March for about 3-4 weeks. Thanks for the links, i shall start having a look. The only thing that i am finding difficult is to how to get from Fauske to Narvik. I know i can't go any further by train but i don't want to go on the bus. I thought about maybe hiring a car and driving up, do you think this is feasible? Thanks

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: worth a stop over

Renting a car and do the journey yourself is absolutely feasible. Here is the route with descriptions:

www.gulesider.no/kart/map.c…

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: worth a stop over

By the way - the reason for asking about what time of year you are coming, is that the activities and attractions available may vary accdording to the season.

Look up the season's activities etc. as well when you explore the sites above.

london
Level Contributor
278 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: worth a stop over

brilliant, thanks so much

6. Re: worth a stop over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 17, 2009