In the early 1990's I spent some time in Northern Norway hiking in the Hamerfest area - Nordkapp on a snowmobile in December....great fun....thank you to a great country and great people for a great visit.
Some 15 years later I am considering another visit to Norway....
My question is : has anyone ever walked the E6 from Bodo up to Nordkapp? I estimate approximately 1000 kms - some ferry journeys. In terms of planning a route, I would be looking to follow the E6 as much as possible - this would also be a "charity venture" where I would be raising money for a charity in the UK.
My plans and thoughts are at a VERY early stage - I welcome all constructive comments!
Initial questions are :
- how much of the route is open in Winter?
- are any parts of the routes permanently closed in Winter?
- how dangerous? Traffic?
- "best" time in Winter to undertake journey....not total darkness....not total daylight - I am seeking a challenge!
- information sources for research and planning?
- time for completion? I do not know (at present) the various terrains that the E6 covers.
- am I mad?
Many thanks in anticipation....tusen tak!