We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Service from Oslo to Lillehammer

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Fredericksburg...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train Service from Oslo to Lillehammer

My husband and I travelling to Norway for the first time to search for the farm of five generations of his ancestors. The farm is no longer in the family, but we would like to see it. The farm is located in Nord Torpa. Our plans are to leave Oslo on August 24 and take a train to Lillehammer, then rent a car to drive to a bed & breakfast that I have booked on the internet for two nights. We are reasonably fit and in our 70s. Does anyone know how often trains run and is it difficult to rent a car in Lillehammer? Is this a realistic plan? Thank you. Freddynell.

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Lillehammer
Lillehammer
Oppland, Norway
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Service from Oslo to Lillehammer

Your plan is perfectly doable. There are local trains from Oslo to Lillehammer once every hour + some additional departures with inter-city trains. At Lillehammer there are Herz and Avis car rental agencies, it is a good idea to book in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Lillehammer
Lillehammer
Oppland, Norway
Fredericksburg...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Service from Oslo to Lillehammer

Thank you so much for the information! It is very helpful and I feel less anxious about our quest.

Fredericksburg...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Service from Oslo to Lillehammer

Thank you for the information. It will be very helpful and I feel less anxious about our quest. Freddynell

4. Re: Train Service from Oslo to Lillehammer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 17, 2014