We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Sandvig collection

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Seaford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Sandvig collection

40 years ago my penfriend and her family took me to this wonderful museum and I want to take my partner there is August. I see that the hotels in Lillehammer do not seem to be very highly recommended. Van anyone suggest an alternative place to stay. We will be coming from Alesund and goingon to Oslo. Thanks

Ps I still have my original guide book to the Museum and an antique copy of Norway in a Nutshell!

Lillehammer, Norway
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Sandvig collection

Christel,

It all depends on your budget and where you want to stay. In the town centre I can recommend the Rica Victoria Hotel as well as the Clarion Collection Hammer Hotel. But note that there's a 15 walk upwards from both these hotels to the Sandvig collection (Maihaugen). None of these hotels are really inexpensive, but they are not really expensive either.

Two other options are the Radisson SAS Lillehammer Hotel and the Birkebeineren Hotel, Motel and Apartments. While the Birkebeineren is one the more reasonable priced side, Radisson is more expensive. Both are a 10 min walk (flat) from the Sandvig collection (Maihaugen).

For budget travellers I think Birkebeineren is a good choice. If your bugdet isn't too tight and you don't mind a short walk, then go for Rica Victoria Hotel.

Seaford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Sandvig collection

Thank you for your suggestions but I have now booked a guesthouse through Fjord pass. We ahve a car so up hill walk is not a problem! LOL

Lillehammer, Norway
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Sandvig collection

Enjoy Lillehammer, christel!

4. Re: Visit to Sandvig collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lillehammer