We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Booking Minipris tickets online

Hi,

I am trying to book Minipris tickets online but they require a mandatory mobile phone no. (for sms confirmation and collecting the tickets). The number can only be 8 digits long.

As my mobile number is 9 digits long and there is no option to enter the country calling code (I live in Sweden), I am not sure how to do the booking.

Do I require to show them the confirmatory SMS when I want to collect my tickets?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,958 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

This problem has been encountered before I am sorry to say. I tried some test bookings and another poster did the same. First time I could not book with 10 digit phone number, this was on the Norwegian site, Then I tried the English version site and I did get through to payment.

If you still cannot get through to payment, you will have to phone in to book your tickets. If you phone, could you kindly ask why this problem occurs and keep us posted ?

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

Can you not just make up a fake 8 digit phone number? Once you have completed the booking you get a confirmation on the screen which can be printed. You also get an e-mail confirmation. I never use the SMS option when booking tickets on NSB's website.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,958 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

It says on the booking form that mobile number is mandatory. Why would they require that if it is of no use ?

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

I agree klimaflyktning, however when I purchased a minipris ticket online on Thursday the "send me a receipt by SMS" was optional. You get the reference number for collecting your ticket on the receipt once you have completed the booking and the same receipt is also sent to your e-mail. All you have to do is to print the receipt. I am not trying to get the OP to something illegal by using a fake mobile number, but I doubt NSB will use the mobile number to get in touch with you.

Edited: 8:54 am, April 09, 2011
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,958 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

I have done several test bookings now and come to the conclusion that it is something tecnical because sometimes it works and sometimes not. And it is essential to be on the English version of the site to make it work with a longer than eight digit moble number.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

Hi,

I called the NSB customer service and was told by them that I can enter any 8 digit string in the mandatory SMS field and that the email receipt that they send me would be sufficient to collect the tickets when I am in Norway.

Not sure why they make the SMS field mandatory or why they don't allow you to print the tickets yourself for that matter.

I went ahead and booked the tickets by just entering 8 digits of my phone no. I have received the email confirmations so hopefully there will be no problems!

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

Be aware that NSB online booking works differently from what you are used to when booking airplane tickets. For some reason, the receipt is not valid as a ticket. You have to exchange it into a ticket at the station before departure. On unmanned stations, you can still board the train and get your ticket from the conductor.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,958 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

That would be the day when NSB is offering e-tickets.

Actually, when on the booking form there are two options for picking up your tickets : station or train. This was on a test booking from Bergen to Oslo. Do you mean to say that this is nonsense also ? You cannot pick up the ticket on the train when travelling from Bergen because that station is manned ?

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

It is not nonsense! You can get your ticket on the train if this option is offered when you place the booking.

Norway
Level Contributor
65 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Minipris tickets online

The mobile phone number is only used as a reference number for the ticket, in combination with the booking number. You can state any 8-digit number you want.