We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to spend the night, Norway Fjord

Venezuela
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to spend the night, Norway Fjord

My wife and I are going to Norway on end of Jun for our first time. We are arriving in Oslo, staying 3 nights and after, we are going to rent a car to travel for 5 days by the fjords. After a lot of reading, we now know that we "must go" to Bergen, the Sognefjord and the Geirangerfjord.

The question is, Where are the best places to spend the nights?

Our itinerary, after Oslo, is:

1 night in Lofthus

1 night in Bergen

1 night in the Sognefjord

1 night in the Geirangerfjord

1 night in the way to Stockholm

Some posts says that the way to Stockholm is a little boring, Which is the most panoramic way to Stockholm?

We can change our plans, depending of your suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Venezuela
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to spend the night, Norway Fjord

ttt

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to spend the night, Norway Fjord

Hello.

Do you need to stay 3 nights in Oslo ??

I am asking because I think you will be doing a lot of traveling the rest of your trip and do not get much time to do some sightseeing.

Oslo - Lofthus is about 7 hours drive. Lofthus or Ullensvang as some says, is a beautiful place by Sorfjorden - an arm of the Hardangefjord.

Lofthus - Bergen is about 3 1/2 hour drive incl. crossing the Hardangerfjord by ferry.

Sognefjord is the longest fjord in the world - so where do you plan to stop for the night ??

The drive from somewhere along the Sognefjord to Geiranger is also a rather long trip !

And I agree regarding the drive to Stockholm - rather boring with a lot of woodland and limited views many places along the route.

Grethe

3. Re: Where to spend the night, Norway Fjord

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, September 02, 2009