We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental return Oslo airport

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
129 reviews
Car rental return Oslo airport

We got lost while returning our rental car to Oslo Airport. Getting to the airport was no problem but trying to find out where we should drop the rental car was. After several loops around the airport and a couple of stops for information, we followed the P-10 signs down into what I call their basement. There are rental return signs on these larger signs but they are so small you will miss them.

Entering Oslo Airport just follow the P-10 sign down to the first level and enter the garage to find your particular car rental agency, First, make sure you top off the gas tank. We filled the previous day in Oslo and topped off near the airport. That saves a couple of dollars from the higher prices near the airport. We had Hertz and it only took a couple of minutes to check it in, Also, when renting any rental car make sure you have unlimited mileage! We drove 1700 miles in two weeks and it would have been a huge price increase had we not gotten unlimited mileage. It doesn't hurt to set your camera with time and date and take a few pictures of any damage you find before you leave the car rental area. This should include any scratches, .Check the trunk. There is usually no spare tire so document it and make sure the breakdown equipment is there. Cones, vest, etc.

Edited: 7:51 pm, June 07, 2018
5 replies to this topic
Muscat, Oman
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Car rental return Oslo airport

Thank you for the information. I am returning a car there next month.

Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
2. Re: Car rental return Oslo airport

Thanks for this. The picture of you driving round in circles was oh so familiar to us from other airports we've been to. We're returning our car to Oslo airport tomorrow, and your post will no doubt help us to find our way without getting a divorce before we arrive 😉

New York City, New...
1 post
3. Re: Car rental return Oslo airport

Thanks! This worked like a champ.

1 post
4. Re: Car rental return Oslo airport

I would like to know If I can drive a rented car from the AirPort into Sueden?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
34,194 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Car rental return Oslo airport

Noramlly you can drive a car rented in Norway into Sweden, but you need to verify with the car rental company and study the terms and conditions carefully.

Returning the car in Sweden will create substantial drop-off charges.

Reply to: Car rental return Oslo airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted