We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pulpit hike in the afternoon

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
Pulpit hike in the afternoon

Hi, I ask this question in my earlier posts. So far no replies or comments. Maybe query got lost somewhere.

So now I post as a specific question as a new thread.

How safe or dark will it be hiking Pulpit rock in late sept afternoon? That is finish hike by sunset (goggle say 7.30pm)

Anyone done this hike in the afternoon before.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Oslo
Level Contributor
17,475 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Pulpit hike in the afternoon

Will be daylight until sunset of course, then twilight for maybe 30 minutes after sunset. But you should always plan a hike with reserve time in case you need more time for some reason

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
1 review
2. Re: Pulpit hike in the afternoon

The last part coming back includes a section which is quite steep with many boulders to climb over. Unless you are experienced hikers it would be foolish to risk doing this in the dark, especially if it is raining (which is quite likely) and everything is wet and slippery. In any case, check the weather forecast in advance at www.yr.no .

You can see what the whole hike is like on Street View, via Google Maps. Some of it appears to have been turned into a stone staircase now, but still quite tricky in the dark https://goo.gl/maps/SKoF1SAQcy92 .

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
3. Re: Pulpit hike in the afternoon

Hi OsloViking and Norsc,

Thank you for your inputs.

Ya, agreed maybe it is not wise to do hike in the afternoon, esp if we got delayed by the photo takings. Would not wan to fumble in the dark!!

Regards

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
1 review
4. Re: Pulpit hike in the afternoon

You don't say why you have to do it in the afternoon, but it's a lovely walk even if you don't get as far as Preikestolen itself. Should be perfect timing for the autumn colours.

Reply to: Pulpit hike in the afternoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted