We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football stadium

Cardiff
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Football stadium

Hi,

I am coming to watch a football game in March and I am staying at the Wien Renaissance hotel near Meidling Haupstrasse.

How do we get to the Ernst Happel stadium from this point or even from the centre of Vienna?

Is there anything to do around the stadium beforehand ??

thanks in advance...James

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Football stadium

hi..

Take the U4 Subway line (green) to 'Karlsplatz'. There change to U1 (red) to 'Praterstern'. (The centre of vienna is between 'Karlsplatz' and 'Schwedenplatz' stations at the U1) There take the tram line 21 which takes you to the Ernst Happel stadium.

What you can to before is getting a brilliant austrian meal. Best place to do this before a football game is the 'Schweizerhaus'. check www.schweizerhaus.at for details (reservation is recommended). Its very close to the stadium in the 'Prater' www.prater.at (one of Vienna's largest recreational areas containing an amusemet park) right behind 'Praterstern' subwaystation.

from there you may walk to the stadium - takes maybe 10 minutes. or go back to the tramstop.

So have a nice time in vienna and hopefully see a great game.

But - we��ll win !

greets from vienna!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football stadium

Thanks Vienna Native,

Can you tell me roughly how long from our hotel it will take to get to the stadium, so I know what time to leave...

thanks...

PS - You are right, you will probably win !!!

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Football stadium

hi..

I'd say it's about 3/4 hour to get to the stadium entrance. maybe to be seated another half hour...

check www.wienerlinien.at for a public transport map if you need.

greets...