We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killing time at Südbahnhof Train Station

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Killing time at Südbahnhof Train Station

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for killing about 5 hours at Südbahnhof Train Station? Is there internet cafe or access somewhere near?

I would love for suggestions for anywhere good to see or eat nearby, but I will be lugging along with me a large suitcase (on wheels, thankfully).

Many thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killing time at Südbahnhof Train Station

Vienna's Railway Station South (East) is located moreless centrally, therefore leaving would be a good idea to explore the beauty of this city. Very close is Belvedere Palace, but you can board tram D and ride to the city center. Luggage storage shoud be available.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killing time at Südbahnhof Train Station

The Sudbahnhof does have lockers to store your luggage.

As Mikey mentions, the streetcar D is just across the street from the main entrance to the train station. A 10 minute ride directly into the city center.

cost 1,50 euro- machine to buy tickets is in the station.

You can get off at the Oper or Burgring stop and look at the sights. You would be near to the major sights of the Hofburg Palace etc.

The Belvedere is very nice and just across the street from the station but would not occupy the time you have.

3. Re: Killing time at Südbahnhof Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, May 26, 2009