We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio Hotel 90 m Zur Oper

Chester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Studio Hotel 90 m Zur Oper

I am thinking of staying here at the end of December, my final night being New Years Eve. Will I be able to find plenty of restaurants and bars nearby and will I have to book far in advance? Is it walkable to the centre and main tourist attractions? Your comments would be very greatly appreciated thank you.

Pedal Power Bike and Segway
Segway Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Instant Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Hotrod Tour Wien
City Tours, Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio Hotel 90 m Zur Oper

Do you mean the Suite Hotel 900m zur Oper? (see http://wien-hotels.info/h3/index.html) If so, it is a bit of a way out of town - though public transport is good in Vienna and there is bus 59 along that road and also you are a short walk to the U4 underground line connectingyou to the centre and to Schoenbrunn. There are some nice restaurants in the area but it is not really a tourist district - more residential.

Generally speaking, end of December is a busy season in Vienna as New Years is a big celebration there - so I would expect things to book up quite fast.

Hope that helps.

rol

Chester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio Hotel 90 m Zur Oper

Sorry, I did mean the Suite Hotel! Would you be able to suggest a similarly priced hotel closer to the centre and tourist attractions?

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio Hotel 90 m Zur Oper

The hotel looks nice but it struck me as quite expensive - however, it has apartment-style facilities and those are hard to come by in the more centrally-located hotels. So it really depends what you want.

The central district (1. Bezirk) has the postcode 1010, and this is probably the most convenient base for someone making their first trip to the city and wanting to see the main sites. If you like smaller hotels with character, you might like Pension Pertschy and its sister pensions - they come in a variety of price brackets (see www.pertschy.com) Then there are all the posh, larger hotels round the ring - like Le Meridien, the Grand Hotel, the Bristol etc which are more expensive. Have a look at some of the recommendations on this forum for hotels and apartments, if you would prefer something with a kitchen etc. The Nethotels website which is affiliated to the Vienna tourist information office will let you do a hotel search in a particular district of the city which I find helpful in identifying possible hotels on my travel dates - have a look at http://vienna.nethotels.com/english/

There's a swish new hotel opened right opposite Stephansdom whose website i was admiring today - have a look at www.hotelamstephansplatz.at You'll see the difference in rates for New Years. And if you're looking to stay in a central area, best to book as early as possible, as these hotels are likely to fill up quickly.

rol

Chester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Studio Hotel 90 m Zur Oper

Many thanks for that - I shall take your advice and look at the sites you mention. A kitchen etc isnt so important, I'm more interested in being able to see and experience all that Vienna has to offer and so it seems sensible to be in the centre. Thanks again rol...

5. Re: Studio Hotel 90 m Zur Oper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 22, 2009