We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas hotel advice (travelling with senior)

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
330 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas hotel advice (travelling with senior)

Taking my 78 year old mother to Vienna for Christmas.

Looking at K&K Palais, K&K Marie Theresa and Best Western Kaiserhof.

She doesn't need an accessible room - but obviously want to avoid stairs etc in hotel and be a reasonable distance to main sights or at least transport options. If all the hotels are pretty much the same in this respect, then looking for the most traditional/friendly place given the time of year.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas hotel advice (travelling with senior)

If you really want to be "centrally located", may I suggest either the Graben Hotel or its sister property, Hotel Royal. Both are located smack dab in the center of Vienna within a hundred meters or so from St. Stephen's and both the underground station and a couple bus lines.

They are family-owned and recently completely renovated. I stay at the Graben Hotel a couple times every year, and the staff is most friendly, it has an elevator, and the breakfast is fantastic. I'm sure the Royal is equal (but it usually costs a couple Euros more per night). I just feel "at home" at the Graben Hotel.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,107 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas hotel advice (travelling with senior)

What is your budget?

london
Level Contributor
330 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas hotel advice (travelling with senior)

Went ahead and booked the Kaiserhof as I was concerned about the flight prices going up and it looked the nicest place that fitted within our budget and was available via BA holidays. We paid £1000 for 4 nights including direct flights from Heathrow and 2 double rooms. (Actually cheaper than booking 4 nights direct with the hotel excluding flights). Needing 2 rooms is always quite costly!

There is a tram stop near by the hotel which is fine and if the weather's wintry we'll be getting taxis everywhere anyway as my mother finds walking in snow/ice quite hard.

Edited: 8:07 am, August 03, 2014
4. Re: Xmas hotel advice (travelling with senior)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 05, 2015