We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels, pensions near the Heurigen areas

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
244 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels, pensions near the Heurigen areas

We will be in Vienna the end of September. We will have a car, so thought it would nice to stay outside the center, tram into town and then come back to our area to enjoy the Heurigen "culture". We enjoy wine and this sounds like a real slice of Austrian life. None of the guidebooks have suggestions for places out of the central core. Do these areas have places to stay? Do you have any suggestions of particular places? We are not looking for 1st class hotels, just simple, clean, affordable rooms preferably with private bath.

Thank you for the help.

Gary

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels, pensions near the Heurigen areas

Any thing associated with these wine areas- one of my favorite subjects-

numerous places are available to you

In Grinzing

Grinzinger Hof

Grinzinger Allee 86 phone 43 1 3206313

( no website that I know about - but you can google for info)

Near to streetcar 38 and bus 38A -

Many heurigen nearby

Hotel Müllner

Grinzinger Allee30

3 star small hotel

43 1 404020

3 star hotel - usually easy parking on street

2 stops by streetcar 38 to center of Grinzing - streetcar stop is about 150 meters from hotel.

In Neustift am Walde- a very nice area many less tourists than Grinzing and very nice heurigen

Landhaus Fuhrgassl-huber

Rathstrasse 24

a very nice place - see pictures on web- this would be my first choice but more expensive than others.

www.fuhrgassl-huber.at

parking garage

their famiy heurigen ( 2 ) nearby.

Bus stop is nearby ( bus 35 A) then transfer to streetcar 38 to city center .24 hour ticket costs 5 euro.

Hotel Schild

Neustift 97?

a short walk to taverns bus nearby too. Recently renovated ?

quiet location

Both the above places are easy to find as this area ( Neustift) is little more than one street.

Neustift is especially nice during the time of your visit. Depending on the weather, grape harvest should be underway.

Many vineyards with nice walking paths.

I often walk here with my dog- then stop somewhere for a little food and wine. Even the dog enjoys a taste of the white wine.

Try the Sturm!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels, pensions near the Heurigen areas

Thank you, Vertical, for taking the time to give me such a complete answer. Your info is great and gives me a good idea of what is available. Do you know of any pensions in the area or slightly cheaper rooms? The least expensive I could find feom your list was 95 euros....or is that just the going rate in Vienna?

Once again..thanks for your time and help!

Gary

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels, pensions near the Heurigen areas

Hotel Schild lists rooms from 77 euro when I checked.

Try calling them directly.

or look to Gasthof zur Agnes

Sieveringer Strasse 221

www.hotel-agnes.at rooms for two from about 70 euro with breskfast. in an OK placw with private bath.

September in Vienna is still a high tourist season. Above prices are good for Vienna at this time

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels, pensions near the Heurigen areas

Thank you again, Vertical. I appreciate your advice, I'll give the Hotel Schild another check.

Gary

5. Re: Hotels, pensions near the Heurigen areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 17, 2009