We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classical Concerts in Vienna

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Classical Concerts in Vienna

Can anyone suggest which classical concert worth going to?? There are so many to choose from like the concerts in Schonbrunn Palace, the Hofburg Palace, in Mozart's home....etc.

Also, what is the weather like from December 28 onwards and what are the different things a family with 2 preteens do on New Year's Eve??

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Classical Concerts in Vienna

The streetcar#38 runs about every 5-8 minutes from Schottentor to Grinzing.

The wine taverns in Grinzing are numerous- some within 200 meters from the streetcar ( strassenbahn) .

The trip takes about 25-30 minutes.

Last bahn back from Grinzing is about 1 AM.

If you should miss it or wish a taxi- they will be found just outside the staton

Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Classical Concerts in Vienna

Calezand: I think you have a post a new topic to your question as I have not been to Vienna yet and so by posting your question as a new topic, others will read and reply to you. But do let me know how your trip went as I won't be in Vienna till December....

13. Re: Classical Concerts in Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 12, 2009