We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for one night stay with next day airport depart

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
167 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel for one night stay with next day airport depart

We will be arriving into Vienna via a Uniworld cruise and staying on arrival night only in Vienna departing the next day around 11 AM

Would it be best to stay at a hotel at the airport and travel into town after settling in on arrival day or stay in town and go to airport the next day. Considering we will have luggage, what would the best means of get to the hotel and then to the airport be? How much do you estimate the cost to be? Suggestions of what not to miss in Vienna with our limited time.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for one night stay with next day airport depart

This is not an easy choice and depends on your style.

A hotel is immediately across from the entrance to the Departure Hall at the airport.

Many like the idea of already being at the airport in the morning- no rush or concern getting to the airport.

Some airlines have night before check-in to selected destinations.

( This does not apply to US cities I believe.)

hotel website

www.nh-hotels.com

You can take a taxi directly from the boat landing to the airport- probably about 30-35 minutes 35-40 euro.

Check with your cruise line. They often have services for their passengers to the airport.

The Vienna Airport has good connections to the city via transfer bus and train- also taxi.

The CAT train- takes 16 minutes - 9 euro.

Bus 6 euro.

The alternative- stay in city center - easier for sightseeing, restaurants etc.

Of course, many choices-

one example - Hilton Hotel - Stadtpark-

across the street from Cat train terminal-

( in my opinion the best thing about the hotel.)

Or any hotel in city center- you can have your hotel arrange taxi to the airport in the morning- less than 30 euro- 30 minutes travel time.

Again take taxi from boat to selected hotel.

The boat landing is about 500 meters from the subway but with luggage , it is not easy.

With a city center hotel, you can take a nice walk in the evening too to see many things.

Must See- city center- Hofburg Palace,complex- Imperial apartments, treasury , nearby museums.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for one night stay with next day airport depart

This is not an easy choice and depends on your style.

A hotel is immediately across from the entrance to the Departure Hall at the airport.

Many like the idea of already being at the airport in the morning- no rush or concern getting to the airport.

Some airlines have night before check-in to selected destinations.

( This does not apply to US cities I believe.)

hotel website

www.nh-hotels.com

You can take a taxi directly from the boat landing to the airport- probably about 30-35 minutes 35-40 euro.

Check with your cruise line. They often have services for their passengers to the airport.

The Vienna Airport has good connections to the city via transfer bus and train- also taxi.

The CAT train- takes 16 minutes - 9 euro.

Bus 6 euro.

The alternative- stay in city center - easier for sightseeing, restaurants etc.

Of course, many choices-

one example - Hilton Hotel - Stadtpark-

across the street from Cat train terminal-

( in my opinion the best thing about the hotel.)

Or any hotel in city center- you can have your hotel arrange taxi to the airport in the morning- less than 30 euro- 30 minutes travel time.

Again take taxi from boat to selected hotel.

The boat landing is about 500 meters from the subway but with luggage , it is not easy.

With a city center hotel, you can take a nice walk in the evening too to see many things.

Must See- city center- Hofburg Palace,complex- Imperial apartments, treasury , nearby museums.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
167 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for one night stay with next day airport depart

Thanks for your information. It has helped me make my decision to stay in the city and take a cab to the airport in the morning.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for one night stay with next day airport depart

In my opinion, a good choice.

Have your hotel arrange a transfer taxi with fixed rate to the airport such as C and K or Airport Service - 26-30 euro fee.