We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is best time to visit Vienna? Good hotels?

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
When is best time to visit Vienna? Good hotels?

Myself and hubby are looking at visiting Vienna this year for 3/4 days. When is best time to see Vienna. Also any hotel recommendations, 4star? Travelled a lot but Vienna will be a totally new experience for us. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is best time to visit Vienna? Good hotels?

Late May/early June or September are my favorites times of year.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is best time to visit Vienna? Good hotels?

I've vistied sometime in every month and my favorite time is April (for the marathon) and June (weather/flowers/scenery) and December (Christmas Markets).

My favorite place to stay is hte Pension Aviano - right in the heart of Vienna.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is best time to visit Vienna? Good hotels?

Just returned from Vienna on 5 Jan 14 after spending the New Year's Eve holiday there. We stayed at the Hotel de France on the Schottenring just across from the University. I recommend it. They have a great breakfast buffet which is included in the rates (at least the package we had). We booked the junior suite on the top floor and had a lovely view of the spires of the Votivkirche, especially at night. The hotel is steps away from the tram and subway stops at the Schottentor. The staff speaks English, so language barrier is not a problem . We found the staff very friendly, courteous, and professional.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is best time to visit Vienna? Good hotels?

Hello DinoSharan

I am with Cherries Jubillee late May/early June or late September/early October are marvelous the city is fantastic weather wise and the massive crowds of summer have not descended upon or have started to dwindle away.

But then again the real question might be when is it not a great time to visit Vienna :)

Best

SEBESZ

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is best time to visit Vienna? Good hotels?

My one and only visit to Vienna was the first week of December 2012, and Vienna is magical at Christmastime with all of its lights, decorations, and Christmas markets.

Zed

6. Re: When is best time to visit Vienna? Good hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 12, 2015