We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport & Travel Around Vienna

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Transport & Travel Around Vienna

What is the best way to get from the airport to Vienna Exe Hotel?

Also, what is the best means of travel while in Vienna - bus, tram, etc?

Thank you all - leave in 3 days!

Essex
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport & Travel Around Vienna

Go to http://www.anachb.at/routenplaner

The airport is Wien: Flughafen

Put in Wien: the address of the hotel for your destination.

If you go to wien.info/en/travel-info/to-and-around/anachb you can also find the best fares. A 24 or 72 hour card is best or Vienna card for 72 hours + discounts. Euro 19.90

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,297 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport & Travel Around Vienna

Your hotel gives transfer details on its website:

www.exeviennahotel.com/EN/contact-map.html

In Vienna a ticket or pass covers all modes of transport so use the combination that best gets you between destinations. The best website to us to check these is:

www.wienerlinien.at/eportal/ep/home.do…

You can find details of all the available tickets on that site also.

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport & Travel Around Vienna

Hi Jason,

Your hotel is not far from the Innere Stadt, the inner city, where many of the attractions and shops are. The Innere Stadt is only about 2 km in diameter and very walkable, and I found myself walking pretty much everywhere I went last December (when it rained, I took the regular (not tourist) ring tram).

Walking, especially at Christmastime, was a great way to see the city and all of its decorations.

The timing of my trip worked out such that I could buy the Wochenkarte week-long pass that goes from Monday to Monday, and it worked well for me on the trams and subways.

Zed

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,297 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport & Travel Around Vienna

Actually your hotel is some distance from the centre (about 2 miles) so I doubt you will want to see everything just by walking. You will probably need public transport every day so a pass makes sense. Look at the website I gave you for the different choices.

Edited: 7:42 pm, December 13, 2013
Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport & Travel Around Vienna

Thanks for the amplification Norman... I knew that the hotel was distant from the center when I wrote my post, and should have been more clear by suggesting taking transit to the city center and then heading out on foot from there.

Zed

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport & Travel Around Vienna

Wonderful! Thank you guys! This was as a "spare of the moment" type thing. I appreciate your help. Looking forward to the Christmas market(s).

7. Re: Transport & Travel Around Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 16, 2014