We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wantitng to live in Vienna for the summer! Help

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
13 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Wantitng to live in Vienna for the summer! Help

I am thinking of staying 2 months in Vienna next summer. I am a female traveling alone and would need to stay in an apartment. Probably air conditioned because I do not handle heat well. My goals are just to meet people and practice my German. Can someone offer suggestions for areas that would be good to meet people, how much I should pay per month for an air conditioned apartment, and where to find apartment listings?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wantitng to live in Vienna for the summer! Help

Try Beatrix Walkner's family at Apartments Augarten:

http://www.apartment.at/eng/apartment/66

She has very nice apartments and there is an U-bahn stop right in front of the building so you can be in city center in minutes.

Neighborhood is local and plenty of markets, bakeries, and local dining.

Beatrix speaks english and is very easy to deal with.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wantitng to live in Vienna for the summer! Help

Air condition is not common in private homes, so either pay an arm and a leg for an upscale serviced business apartment, or forget about it.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wantitng to live in Vienna for the summer! Help

Perhaps it is best to look in one of the better outer districts for a place.

You will fine few " regular " apartments with air conditioning. Those in the center may carry a high price as these with air are generally upscale / business traveler oriented and rent short term. Many are located in renovated old buildings. Thick walls make upgrades more difficult and costly.

Outer districts especially those like the 18, 19 th are a little higher in altitude than city center, less conjested and thus normally a little cooler. In addition these areas are populated by " locals " or longer term residents. Local shopping, dining drinking opportunities also.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wantitng to live in Vienna for the summer! Help

some places to look

www.homeaway.com

www.vrbo.com

5. Re: Wantitng to live in Vienna for the summer! Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 14, 2014