We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna for Christmas planning

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Vienna for Christmas planning

Hi

I'm planning for a 5 day trip to Vienna.

I'm between 2 periods: 17DEC2013-22DEC2013 OR 24DES2013-29DEC2013.

Checking Vienna website i see that most markets end by 23DEC2013. So if i go on the 24dec2013 most probably i will loose seeing most of the markets. In addition reading some other posts most of the places will be closed on the 24-25dec.

Anyone with experience knows which of the 2 above periods i will most enjoy Vienna?

Thanks

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,526 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna for Christmas planning

I'd go before Christmas as the Christmas period is a bit of an anti-climax and between Christmas and New Year most people are saving their energy for NYE. And, as you say, you'd get the Christmas markets.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna for Christmas planning

Hi Norman C,

Thanks for your reply. Most probably i will follow your recommendation.

Continuing the planning, what do you think of booking "HOTEL MERCURE WIEN ZENTRUM"? There are very good reviews for this hotel. Any other recommendations at this price range 100-110 Euro per night are more than welcome.

Another place i want to visit is Salzburg. Do you think i should have a day trip or stay there for a couple of days?

Thanks

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,526 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna for Christmas planning

I don't really stay in Vienna hotels so have no experience of them. The hotel is well situated so if it is well reviewed and affordable I'd go for it.

With only five days in total I'd just do Salzburg on a long, but do-able, day trip.

4. Re: Vienna for Christmas planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, November 02, 2014