We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trumpets In Concert - A Very Special Christmas Show?

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Trumpets In Concert - A Very Special Christmas Show?

Has anyone been to the "Trumpets In Concert - A Very Special Christmas" which plays at the Minoritenkirche Wien.

I cannot find any samples of music played or any reviews. They have multiple show dates and ticket prices seem reasonable. Any advice is appreciated.

This is the google translate of details in English: "A superbly the trumpet Gernot Kahofer, Manuel Lichtenwöhrer Leonhard Leeb and let shine the sacred space of Minoritenkirche with classy shades. Festive Baroque music, religious practices from church Metten and cheerful Christmas songs: Impressive Christmas with the sound of Trumpets in Concert??. Festive, you can not tune into the Christmas season."

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trumpets In Concert - A Very Special Christmas Show?

You have several choices of these trumpet concerts-

one at the Mimoriten Church-- several trumpets ( 3? ), organ

<you should find program on the website- light fare mostly from Elvis- Blue Christmas onward.

Another of this type concert is found at the Malteser Church also in city center- more intimate venue 100- 150 seats ?

again a trumpet and organ-

the trumpet player has various concerts there Easter etc.

to me a better program.

Also consider various Church mass during this time.

Those at the Augustiner Church are excellent music filled with well known music figures of the area.

Not just free but fine surroundings and most often overfull.

Zurich
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trumpets In Concert - A Very Special Christmas Show?

I want to update my original post. We went to the Trumpet Concert at the Minoritenkirchen in Vienna and it was excellent! A 90 minute show and really great. We have the 2nd tier tickets and we saw all the trumpets playing. For a 34 euro ticket we had a great experience! I highly recommend!

3. Re: Trumpets In Concert - A Very Special Christmas Show?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2014