We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna - Hallstatt, Hallstatt - Prague

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vienna - Hallstatt, Hallstatt - Prague

We are a couple traveling to Vienna-Hallstatt-Prague in October, Can anyone please advice on these questions:

(1) Any need of Eurail pass to travel inter and intra cities?

(2) How to travel from Vienna - Hallstatt (I will have one bag and one carry on in luggage)

(3) How to travel from Hallstatt to Prague. I have checked with CKShuttle, they are charging CZK 3800 for 2 person, door to door with stopover in Cesky Krumlov.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Vienna - Hallstatt, Hallstatt - Prague

As per post 9

If you are coming from Vienna on the train take the train as far as Steeg Gosau where you have to get off.

A bus will be waiting to take you to Hallstatt.

Check the timetable for details.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Vienna - Hallstatt, Hallstatt - Prague

hi . we used the ckshuttle services many times . there service is terrific and extremely recommendable . stopping over in Cesky Krumlov is an added value for you . cesky krumlov is one of the most wonderful places I've been to . don't miss it .

enjoy !

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Vienna - Hallstatt, Hallstatt - Prague

Thanks Rabih :

I have just booked the ckshuttle with a stopover in Cesky Krumlov.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Vienna - Hallstatt, Hallstatt - Prague

Hallstatt is twinned with Czesky Krumlov as both are world heritage sights. There is a daily shuttle bus www.ckshuttle.cz/bus-cesky-krumlov-transfer/ . Czesky Krumlov is wonderful and worth two nights especially if you are visiting the old brewery!!

15. Re: Vienna - Hallstatt, Hallstatt - Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 03, 2014