We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central hotel choice

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore
Level Contributor
20 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Central hotel choice

Choosing between Pension Nozzek and Hotel Altstadt or Radisson Blu Palaix?

We wd like a central hotel which is cost effective around 100-125 euros. Free wifi is good.

Loved the Pension Nozzek location , but reviews are mixed.

Any thoughts ?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,837 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central hotel choice

You seem to be looking at very diverse hotels from the old-fashioned Nossek to the very contemporary Altstadt. Of the ones you mention I'd go for the Altstadt, but I don't think I've got any feel for what you'd like!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
20 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central hotel choice

That's really nice of you. And youre right- im pretty much all over the place! Since it our first visit to Austria, I want the feel of the city, so an older heritage building better? Location is important, but also price. Surprised that Nossek charges 125 e for a double, and 162 for a double with an 11 year old child. Is that okay? Altstadt was 150 but looks so charming and contemporary! Lots of crazy reviews for Radisson Bu Palais, so shd pass on that.

Are any of the central apartment hotels good for 5 people ice 2 couples and a child? We saw one at Luxury Apartments at Kumpfgrasse which seemed good at 200 euros for a 2 bedded apartment - at booking.com

Your thoughts?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,837 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central hotel choice

If you're looking for a luxury apartment for you all check this one out. I've stayed in one of their smaller apartments and it was delightful.

vw4y.com/en/…

Bangalore
Level Contributor
20 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central hotel choice

Thanks much . Checked it ot but is closer to 450 euros per day, so out of our budget. ;-(

The one i had referred to earlier , and was looking at Luxury Apartments at booking.com was on 1010 Wien Kumpfgasse 3 and 1020 Glockengasse 1 , 01 Inner Stadt thomas@borek.at. Woudl this be good as a location and stay ? they are 756 Euros for a 2 bedded apartment for 4 days ie about 200 euros pe day.

Happy to hear on this or any other thoughts

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
51 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central hotel choice

Pension Sacher. Right in Stephansplatz. Read the reviews.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
20 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central hotel choice

Javaheidi, some fantastic reviews. And unbelievable location. Many thanks!

7. Re: Central hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 26, 2014