We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna to Praga 3 options and lockers?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
325 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Vienna to Praga 3 options and lockers?

Hello,

I saw 3 options to go to Prague:

westbus.at

STUDENT AGENCY

Train from Vienna Praterstern north railway station

Ppl know from where the bus start? And if they have any lockers there to keep the lugage? I didn't have success checking if in the Praterstern north railway station are lockers.

The westbus is the quickest and only 1 euro more than the student agency.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Praterstern
Praterstern
467 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
24,604 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna to Praga 3 options and lockers?

Student Agency leaves, as far as I remember, from Wien-Praterstern Station. Check on their website! Buses of WESTBUS leave from the Vienna Int'l Bus Terminal in Erdberg reachable by subway line U3 (Erdberg Station). Wien-Praterstern (Train) Station does feature coin-operated lockers.

Mentioned in this post
Praterstern
Praterstern
467 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna to Praga 3 options and lockers?

I just got this bus today to Brno - exit Praterstern U-Bahn at the Lassallestrasse exit and about 20 metres in front there is a bus stop with a yellow Student Agency sign on it. …studentagency.eu/en/…123023000.html

Don't worry too much about the length of journey - the buses are big and comfortable and each seat has a touchscreen on which you can watch a range of movies and the time goes by very quickly! They also give you free refreshments and cheap snacks. Then you get free wi-fi once you get into the Czech Republic. It's a really great service.

Just one thing, like many railway stations Praterstern station has its fair share of strange-looking people hanging around. Just ignore them and they will ignore you :)

Edited: 12:22 pm, June 04, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Brno
Brno
South Moravian Region, Czech Republic
Praterstern
Praterstern
467 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
16,769 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna to Praga 3 options and lockers?

I heard there was an extra strange looking one there today! ;-)

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna to Praga 3 options and lockers?

Maybe - I haven't got the bus on this particular route for a while and I couldn't remember where the bus actually went from as it isn't immediately obvious, so I was wandering about a bit aimlessly for a while :)

It should be pointed out that the bus stop itself has two confusing timetables underneath the Student Agency sign, but these refer to services by different companies so ignore them!

5. Re: Vienna to Praga 3 options and lockers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2014