We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer service vienna

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer service vienna

I recently used a taxi service recommended by a TA contributor. It was online called red cab taxi service and paid for online with all details of flight, name and hotel address provided. As I was travelling with my senior mother I had expected to get into a cab outside the door where other taxis were. I was disappointed to find the driver was not even looking for me with his sign as other pick up persons seemed to be doing, and it took some time before I found HIM, having left my mother with the luggage. When I found him he asked if I had much luggage ( coming from Australia! ) Next he proceeded to lead us through a car park that took ages to get to the car. This did not help my poor mother, who was exhausted from the flight and can't walk long distances. It would have been better if the driver had asked us to wait while he collected the car and brought it around to where the other cabs were waiting. Next, the driver asked my hotel details, which he should already have on the booking! Upon arrival at the hotel he brought the bags out only to leave us to pick them up a step to get into the door way of the hotel. Overall, a disappointing experience, so beware if booking that you stress that you don't expect to walk your luggage further than an airport terminal.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport transfer service vienna

I am not sure if he is allowed to get you in front of the door as this is belongs to the lower Austrian taxis. Unfortunately the fight of who is allowed to transport which passenger and the not well build new terminal is a bigger obstacle then the driver itself.

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airport transfer service vienna

I have used this service

www.vienna-airport-cab.at/index.php/en/

I was impressed by their service. When I switched on my phone at Arrivals I had a sms from them telling me where they were waiting for me and just outside exit the driver was there with my name on a tablet.Car was very near and drove us to hotel. 27euros .

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Airport transfer service vienna

thanks for the tips on cabs.

14. Re: Airport transfer service vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 15, 2014