I have been reading various posts, but I am confused about a few things, and would appreciate the forum's assistance:
1) It looks like the sisi ticket allows entry to Schonbrunn and Hofburg palaces. Does it include entry to the the Imperial treasury (Schatzkammer)? Or is that a separate ticket, and if so, how much does it cost?
2) I am trying to decide if it makes sense to buy the Sisi ticket online. We are 4; including my parents (66 yrs old) and my husbad & me (late 30's, early 40s). We want to avoid queues. Or could we buy the tickets at Hofburg where the line is supposed to be shorter, and use the sisi ticket next day at the Schonbrunn?
3) Would my parents get a senior citizen discount? should we buy the vienna card first, and then get the sisi ticket?
4) We will be in Vienna May 29th to May 31st. It looks like the Vienna Philharmonic is having an open air concert at the Schonbrunn on May 30th evening. Would you recommend we visit the palace that day in the afternoon and stay for the concert? Or will it be a chaos and too crowded?
5) Thoughts on the concert? Would you stay for it; or enjoy a classical music concert at another venue?
Appreciate your feedback.