We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

State Opera live and for free - screening season started!

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
State Opera live and for free - screening season started!

As it's often recommended on this forum, I thought I might post it as a separate thread:

From April until June, many of the most popular performances of the State Opera will be braodcast live on a giant video screen on the side of the opera house:

wiener-staatsoper.at/Content.Node/home/aktue…

It's completely free and you can arrive and leave as you wish but note that all the seats are usually taken by opera-lovers before the beginning of the performance. So arrive early if you wish to have a seat to see the whole performance.

The complete schedule can be found here:

wiener-staatsoper.at/Content.Node/home/aktue…

lebanon
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: State Opera live and for free - screening season started!

Thank you very much for this info,we will be in vienna the second of may,unfortunatly i couldnt book any seats for the opera...hope this way we will get the taste of it.How early u think we should be there to find seats???

chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: State Opera live and for free - screening season started!

Thank you Richard, this is wonderful info for our upcoming trip to Vienna.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: State Opera live and for free - screening season started!

I have tickets for 3 performances in June. But I may make it a 4th by going to see the Cenrentola that is on June 5th. I had little trouble getting tickets for the theater.

4. Re: State Opera live and for free - screening season started!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 17, 2014