We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern Europe trip

Boynton Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Eastern Europe trip

looking to travel to Warsau, Krakow, Budepest, Vienna & Prague. Maybe extend a few days in Prague. Looking at Gate 1 Tours & Odyssey. Have never done this before. Want to know which would give us the best value and decent & conveniently located hotels. Odyssey includes sightseeing that Gate 1 has as an option. I think Gate 1 might still come out cheaper with the optional trips. Can,t decide. Need advise.Thank you.

Pedal Power Bike and Segway
Segway Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Instant Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Hotrod Tour Wien
City Tours, Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Malibu, California
Level Contributor
39 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Eastern Europe trip

I haven't had a chance to write and post my review yet but I loved this trip with SmarTours (I went a few months ago). Our guide was fantastic (her name was Renata) and the hotels were ok, some better than others, but you don't spend much time in your room anyway. We had a large tour group full of GREAT people, mostly aged 50's to 80's. There are many daily walking tours but everyone in our tour group seemed to be well traveled, did some independent research on the cities and expected to walk a lot...yes, there are lots of cobblestones and some hills! You really can't beat the SmarTours price and even if meals aren't always included, it's easy to find places within your budget to grab a bite and soak up the local culture. I found the local people in every destination to be interesting and friendly. Helsinki and Vienna are expensive but I had done my own basic research beforehand so I expected to spend more and had planned a larger budget for those 2 cities. Obviously how much you spend will depend on your personal tastes and extra activities or shopping you want to do, but you can really enjoy this trip on a small budget if you plan ahead. Rick Steves has a decent collection of budget travel books that you may find helpful in your research.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Eastern Europe trip

All European states are "Eastern" if one sees from British isles except Iceland and Portugal! : )

Personally it should be Central Europe including Poland.

13. Re: Eastern Europe trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, April 05, 2014
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,901 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Eastern Europe trip

I think you might have posted in the wrong place!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
643 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Eastern Europe trip

Kat.28 As a general rule, you can book directly with most travel companies. We never do that, and always book through a competent travel agent in Ottawa. The reason being if the travel company is not registered in Ontario, the travel agent will not book since if there are any problems, he will be directly responsible for them. We don't take chances and value his experience; and we have no hassles, and in all our travels dealing with him, we never had any. However those are personal experiences.

16. Re: Eastern Europe trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2015