We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
13 posts
Save Topic
Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

Hi,

I wish to leave vienna at around 6am to travel to bratislava. With the new train station i am a bit confused.

What what stations do the trains stop at in vienna? I would like to stay in a hotel very near a station so we can just jump out of bed and onto train!

Many thanks.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

Trains leave from the new and still under construction Hauptbahnhof (previously Sudbahnhof). Trains additionally stop at Stadlau, a stop on the U2 line. Honestly, any hotel with easy access to either the U1 (exit Sud-Tirolerplatz/Hauptbahnhof) or U2 will have you near the station in minutes. No need to stay in the area of the station, in my opinion. The area around Hauptbahnhof is pretty ugly and I would avoid staying on the Gurtel at all costs. That said, there is one bright spot - Hotel Daniel. New, boutique hotel across from the station and next to the Belvedere.

ireland
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,347 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

Trains to Bratislava (using the Northern route heading for the main station in Bratislava) also call at Wien-Simmering Station, a small transport hub in a suburb, where subway line U3 terminates. Hence you can also choose a hotel situated along this line.

ireland
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

Thanks all, have now to go to Bratislava in the evening! Thanks for help.

How much does a single to Bratislava cost?

Thanks.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,803 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

Get a return - €14, which includes a public transport ticket for when you arrive. You will need this to get to the centre. Do NOT get a taxi!

A single only exists in theory as it costs more than a return. On the electronic machine at the station you will see 'bratislava ticket ' displayed as one of the options. It is self-explanatory from there.

ireland
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

Excellent thanks. Does the return part let me use ticket on public transport to return to train station the next morning from hotel in Bratislava centre?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,803 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

No, it is only valid until 1am as the vast majority of visitors just go for the day. Here is more information oebb.at/en/…index.jsp (I made a mistake above - it has gone up to €15)

8. Re: Early morning to bratislava....hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 17, 2014